A. BEGINNER FIRST TIME
I have never done yoga before, can you tell me what are the benefits of yoga?
Yoga has many benefits such as:
- Reduces pain in the body in back, neck, headache, joints, knees, wrists,
- Improve posture, flexibility and balance
- Makes body and muscles stronger
- Helps with weight loss
- Makes mind clear from over thinking
- Helps you manage emotions like fear, sadness, angry and anxiety
- Helps you cope with stress
- Makes you very relaxed and happy
I am a beginner in Yoga. What YallaYoga programs do you recommend for me?
- Yoga 101 – this is a 20 hour course that meets twice a week (10 sessions) which has both theory and practice. From this course you will learn how to practice yoga alone at home and the names and benefits of yoga poses.
- Learn to Meditate Program this is a 12-hour course that meets twice a week (8 sessions) that has both theory and practice. From this course you learn how to meditate, the different types of meditations available and you get to practice with a group of students.
- First Time Yoga – is a 2-day weekend course, 4 hours each day and you get basics of 12 postures (sun salutations) and breathing, relaxation ad meditation.
How do I become a member with Yallayoga?
The best way is to come to YallaYoga and have a tour of our facilities and have a one on one assessment with our yoga teacher who can take to you about the benefits of yoga and help you choose which style will be good for you.
What are your membership fees?
We have 3 different packages:
- Newbie – 3 classes (valid for one week)
- Experiment – 8 classes (valid for one month)
- Experience – 12 classes (valid for two month)
- Dream 36 classes (valid for 3 months)
Note that each of those passes include a free one on one assessment with one of our teachers help you choose a style of yoga that is right for you and talk about yogic diet and lifestyle.
Is it possible to come in for a trial class before I buy a package?
Yes! You can come in for a private class to try yoga and if you like it you can go for the package.
I travel a lot. Is it possible to buy a package and then give it to my friend?
No. But what we can do is we can freeze your package for 3 months if you need to travel, we can put you class series on hold (freeze it). And when you’re back you can continue.
Why do you recommend starting off in a program rather than dropping into class?
If you do not have any previous experience in yoga, it is difficult for you to drop in because
- Many names of poses and breathing techniques are named in sanskrit (not english or arabic)
- The likelihood of injury in a class is higher especially if you drop into an intermediate class
- The classes in a program are broken down in small steps so you can learn faster
I would like to book for a class, how can I do this?
If you have prior experience in yoga (at least 5 classes), you can book a class through our mind body scheduler here. If not, then please do pay us a visit do discuss your options.
What if I can’t attend all the classes in a class series?
If you miss a class, then you can join the class after without any problems but you should not miss more than two classes in a row or else you will fall behind.
What is your attendance policy?
In order to gain the maximum benefit of each class series, we strongly recommend that you attend all classes. In fact for every class that you attend you gain 10 points, and for every 80 points, you get a free class that you can use in any other series!
What is your refund policy?
We offer a 100% refund for students who complete an entire program or class package and are not satisfied with the results. Otherwise no refunds. Only exchanges are possible.
What if I don’t like the program that I signed up for?
We give you the option of switching to another program, or making an exchange for other YallaYoga services but this can only be done after the first or second class.
How do I know which class is right for me?
After you have paid the membership fees, you can have a one on one assessment with our Yoga Teacher who can help you decide which path is best for you.
Are the classes mixed gender?
Yes, all our classes are mixed. If you would like a ladies only class, we recommend that you book for a one on one session.